Click on the links below to download press materials and assets for Joust Legend.
Got any press questions about or problems with your downloads? Just Email:
PRESS RELEASE, 12/09/2013
Joust Legend thunders onto App Store from Rebellion
Inspired by Creative Director’s career as a champion jouster
Independent UK developer Rebellion today announced that it has launched its latest iOS title, Joust Legend on the Appstore for $1.99/£1.49 - http://appstore.com/joustlegend
Informed by the jousting exploits of Rebellion CEO and Co-founder Jason Kingsley, and powered by console-quality physics and visuals, Joust Legend offers fast, intense knight combat set in stunning medieval environments for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Become a King’s champion, a nation’s hero
Set in 1472, the King of France has issued a challenge to King Edward IV of England – announcing a grand Tourney to showcase the finest warriors and defend the honour of these two proud nations.
Gamers play as a young knight with ambitions of becoming Edward’s champion, testing their mettle in ever-more challenging joust tourneys and prize fights, using the gold they earn from wins to earn new equipment and perfect their combat skills.
Players must combine sharp reactions with skill, careful tactics and split second decision-making if they hope to progress through the King’s Trials in their quest to become a Joust Legend.
Horses, lances ... and lycra suits!
To recreate the bone-crunching sport of jousting on mobile devices, Rebellion used motion capture footage from Jason Kingsley riding his horse Warlord in a real-world jousting session – not an easy feat as Jason explains:
“It was a challenge for sure - try getting a lyrca mo-cap suit on a stallion! We wanted Joust Legend to look and feel as authentic as possible, and we’re delighted with the result. We think gamers on the move will really appreciate the detail and depth to the combat.”
- Launches September 12th on the App Store for $1.99 / £1.49: http://appstore.com/joustlegend
- A launch trailer can be watched on our YouTube channel here:
- Fast, intense medieval combat perfect for mobile gaming.
- Features authentic, detailed horse and knight animations using motion capture footage of Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley and his horse Warlord.
- Console-quality graphics optimised for Retina screens and powered by the same in-house game engine that powers Rebellion’s high-end PC and next-gen games.
- Supports iPhone (4+) and iPad (2+) and iPod touch (5th gen+).
- Features Gamecenter integration and iCloud saves between devices.